Sunday, May 24, 2009

Fleurie Again!

I feel much better now that I've got my flowers in.

We filled the window boxes and wheelbarrow weeks ago but due to travel and our schedules hadn't gotten the flowers for the front of the house. Saturday was the big flower market in Saint-Ghislain as part of the Ascension holiday festivities and I had been counting on finishing up my flower buying then. We were disappointed in the selection on offer so today after church I braved a trip to the big flower market in Mons. I say I "braved" it because it seems to have gotten much more crowded than it used to be and getting into the parking lot requires a lot of patience and finesse. But I got my impatiens (which are "impatience" in French) and got them in the ground today. They don't look like much yet but over the summer months they'll fill out and fill the space. Today I am a happy gardener.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course you are brave! To be married to old what's his name you'd have to be. The flowers look good to me! I look forward to more pictures as the season progresses....donald