Monday, December 13, 2010

It's Not All Bad

Although I absolutely love Christmas in Europe, I willingly admit that there are some advantages to being here in the States for the season. For one thing, stores are open when working people can shop. Maybe the biggest advantage I've noticed, though, is that I have choices. I went to Target to buy Christmas cards and felt like a kid in a candy shop. I ended up buying far more than we need, simply because there were so many to choose from. I also marveled at the selection of wrapping paper, bags, bows, ribbons, tags, and tissue - all of which were in limited supply and of limited selection at our PX (and way too expensive on the economy). So while I'm missing the German Christmas markets, at least I have Target!

2 comments:

J. Herman said...

Dave, Merry Christmas to you and your family. I wrote you a Christmas e-mail about ten days ago. I sent it to the address that I've used before, but now I'm wondering if this is still your e-mail address. If you have a chance please e-mail me.

Rachel said...

This blog is lame. You need to post some stuff.