Thursday, June 7, 2007

We bought a car

An Opel Corsa. Opel is GM's Euro brand. This one is smaller than anything they make in the US, though next year they're going to start selling the Astra wagon, which is our car's big sister and the best-selling car in all of Europe. Ours is a diesel. We can expect up to 50 mpg on the highway. It has zero pickup and a crappy ride, but it's kinda cute, dontcha think? We bought it from Garage Dufour right here in Hautrage and got what I think is a pretty good deal. It was an Opel company car, is a year old, and has 25,000 km on it. A/C, power front windows, CD player, ABS, alloy wheels. Sarah approves.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it looks great. It's just what you need for all those narrow roads. We loved our little red Opel Astra--easy to get around in and very reliable.

Anonymous said...

Very cute! But weren't you going to get one of the tiny BMWs?
Kerry

Anonymous said...

Your car may be small but it is a cute one! My mom used to have the same car, but hers is in black. I can say that this is indeed the ideal car for the ladies.

-Sara Anthony

Dewey Setlak said...

My first car was also an Opel Corsa! It brought back a lot of good memories, as well as my first car accident. It was handed down to me by my older sister and she was very disappointed that I wrecked it. Anyway, it was small and easy to drive and though it’s not my dream car, I still miss driving it.