Saturday, April 5, 2008

Coins

This could be considered another in Rita's "You know you're in Europe" series, but I like buying stuff with change. Fairly major stuff, like bread, or a four-clip of beer. Maybe it's because I'm old enough to have actually handled silver dollars made of silver, but I don't share the aversion to coins many of mah fella Uhmuricuns have. I like pulling out a handful of change and realizing you've got 9 euros (about $152 at the current exchange rate). They have 1- and 2-euro coins, so you can buy a couple of loaves of bread and pay for it with change.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey - does that mean the exchange rate for a Euro is $16.89 more or less? (152 divided by 9)(sorry I can't find how to make a division indicater when sending a comment-- makes me appreciate Word.) Or does it mean you had spent all your change for some high powered Belgium beer and your marhmatical skills were somewhat affected? Hic :).

Pop