Saturday, August 30, 2008

Bike Ride

Sorry to bombard you with postings in one day, but what the heck--most of you aren't reading anyways.

We're having a gorgeous sunny day today--the first nice weekend day in several weeks--so Rita and I rode our bikes to Beloeil, the site of the famous Château de Beloeil (well, it's famous around here). Along the way we saw dozens of other bike riders: families, gangs of teenaged girls, other couples, solo serious riders, small groups of serious riders, old guys going to the store, young guys going...somewhere, and a serious young woman rider (not as common as you'd think).

We stopped for refreshments in Beloeil. I mistakenly ordered an 11% beer. The barman pointed out that it would give me strength to pedal. While sitting in the cafe, we saw, not one, but two loads of hay come by. On the way there and back we saw onions being harvested. Did I mention that there's a lot of agriculture around here? We also saw a young couple on a Vespa. It was pale turquoise. And the girl was cute. It looked so Euro.

Then we wobbled our way home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Vespa comment reminded me of Eddie Izzard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PmuHWPZSkY

Ciao!

Anonymous said...

not reading? Your blog is the highlight of my day. I check it everyday I'm home (Florence). It is the only education I get anymore what the campaigns in full swing and all. Even Barney and Andy have been replaced by "Scrubs" on TV LAND. What is the world coming too....donald

Anonymous said...

Was the bartender correct in has assessment of the beer's impact on pedaling strength? I would suspect you might see lots of loads of hay this time of year. After all, those Belgium horses will have to feed on it all winter -- plus you now have to feed the Clydesdales.